Once again, Coleridge Families has teamed up with Art Projects For Schools to allow you to have your child’s unique artworks printed on some festive seasonal cards. Create unique designs to send to family and friends, and raise valuable funds for the school in the process.
How to design a card
To design a card, please follow the steps below. The process has changed somewhat this year so please read carefully:
- Each pupil will receive an artwork label from their class teacher. This should be placed on your completed artworks. Please keep it safe until needed.
- Children should create their card design on A4 paper or card. Please follow the ‘artwork guidelines’ overleaf.
- Once the artwork is completed, your label should be attached to the back of the picture making sure it is facing the correct way up. Please make a note/take a picture of your unique code. This code can also be sent to friends and family who may also wish to order some of your cards.
- This year parents should go straight to the Art Project For Schools website and order their cards/labels/wrapping paper BEFORE returning the artwork to school. Please visit www.apfsorders.co.uk. Orders should be placed BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON 21/10/2020. Artwork which haven’t had orders placed on them will not be scanned.
- Children need to bring their completed artwork into school and hand it to their class teacher no later than Thursday 22nd October 2020. Please ensure the child’s name and class are written clearly on the label which you should have stuck it to the back of the artwork. Artworks which have not been returned by this date cannot be scanned and will not be turned into printed products.IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 2020 – Please do NOT take your artworks into the school offices. The office team are not involved in the scheme and will not be able to collect your artwork or answer your questions. Artworks need to be returned to class teachers by the children.
- The artwork will be collected, scanned into APFS’s system and returned to the children via teachers in due course. The children will be sent home with their artworks. We will notify you of the dispatch date for printed products closer to the time.
- Please use A4 paper or card, portrait or landscape. Bright, bold colours work best, as does collage.
- Please ‘fix’ any charcoal or pastel drawings with fixative or hairspray.
- Everything on the front of the artwork will be printed, however 2-3mm around the edge of the design may be lost due to the scanning process, so try to avoid using the edge of the paper.
- Please do NOT use glitter as it can damage the scanning equipment and your card may be rejected for scanning.
IMPORTANT: Please don’t forget to fill in and stick a label to the back of the artwork; this is essential for identification of your child’s design. Also check that the label is the right way up to ensure your design is printed correctly.
Please email Susan Jones at email@example.com with any queries. We look forward to seeing the children’s designs.
All profits from any ordered products will go to Coleridge Families to raise valuable funds for vital school projects.